Thursday, December 30, 2010

The Last Airbender, Review

The story follows the adventures of Aang, a young successor to a long line of Avatars, who must put his childhood ways aside and stop the Fire Nation from enslaving the Water, Earth and Air nations.

REVIEW:
Ok, it's been a long time since I saw a great movie like this. And when I say great, I mean full of special effects and martial arts and magical powers, all combined together.

The story is about a boy who's frozen in the middle of a lake. When two siblings find him and unfrozen him, he believes that nothing changed, despite the fact that it's been many years since he fell in the lake. The thing is that he is the only one who has the power to control all the elements, something unique which happens only in one person in the entire world. Along with the two siblings, he has to find a way to bring back peace to all the civilizations and meanwhile train to the element control, because the Fire Nation rules with cruel measures.

I enjoyed the movie a lot. I really liked it and it was fun to watch. I loved the special effects and the choroghaphies. The music wasn't a big of a deal, but it suits it fine and for telling the truth, I didn't pay much attention on it. The actors were great too. Interesting choice, I have to admit, I didn't know none of them, except three maybe four of them. The plot was great too. It's been a long time since I've seen element control which was so different than other movies and books. What I liked in the script was that they made it promising for a sequel, without knowing if it's going to be a hit or a flop.

Bottom on, if you are that type of movie fan as much as I am, you have to try this one and you are not going to be disappointed.

9 comments:

  1. wait...you actually LIKED it? it was TRASH!!! seriously! they mutilated EVERYTHING! from characters, to story, to effects! to EVERYTHING! well i guess you havent seen the actuall Anime that is why you liked it. I STRONGLY reccomend the original anime series. It is WAY better. Trust me, watch the anime and then tell me if you havent changed opinion of the movie!. Personally I couldnt watch more than 10 minutes of the movie, or so :P ask Yiota

    ReplyDelete
  2. You liked it?:o I couldn't even finish it.

    For everyone who have watched the Nickelodeon cartoon it was pure disaster, i believe. It was pretty much one of the worst movies of the year for me.

    They changed the characters (oh my...poor Zuko..sniff..and poor Iroh). Even some of the names were a bit different. It lost all the funny parts around it. They didn't explain the story well, they changed things, it was fast too.

    And as movie itself, except the special effects which were WOW, it didn't worth it. The acting was ssssoooo bad. I act better than those people. Only Zuko, was ok as an actor.

    I really really hope, they do not create the rest "books" of the anime into movies. The cartoon is fine as it is :p Even Eragon was a better adaption ( if you can count all the aspects) than this thing.

    Of course, that's only my opinion. Don't get it personal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, really? I believe you're the only person I know that liked it. I haven't seen it for myself... maybe I ought to check it out for myself though before I draw any conclusions on whether it's a good or bad movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We saw this in the cinema and loved it, so bought the dvd for a family present for Christmas, and have watched it twice so far :)

    I love it, and I think it's the best film we saw this year. Before you all shoot me down though - I haven't seen the Nickelodeon cartoon, so have nothing to compare it to...I'm past the age of watching many cartoons now though, unless they are retro ones I used to watch ;p

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw this movie with my young cousins . Actually I was forced to watch it. But I did end up enjoying it . It was fun, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dude, I'm a huge fan of AVATAR, and even I hated it. Everyone I know can't stand it. AND there's not even going to be next movies because it was so terrible. I fell asleep during the most "action"-y scene, the characters were ALL WRONG (where's the FUN?? WTH that was not Avatar)...

    Perhaps because you had nothing to compare with. Watch the cartoon and then you'll see why, well, all the above.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I count 5 hate-comments and only one love-comment....
    I admit that I haven't seen the cartoo, so just don't kill me yet....
    And every opinion is respectful here, I'm not saying anything bad....

    ReplyDelete
  8. @nina: no worries. everyone tells their opinion. there is no shooting:D
    Is just, that all the fans of the cartoon were really mad with it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well I'm planning to see the cartoon A.S.A.P. to get the full picture... As a first impresion the movie was fun and that is just it...Nothing more nothing less... The effects were nice and the choreography was good too...
    I really think it's a nice movie to see on DVD...
    6/10 from me

    ReplyDelete

There is lot of spam lately at the posts, so for a while i will put up the comment moderation. Sorry for that, i really don't like it but i thought it might stop the spamming. It will be down soon enough! Thanks a lot :)

© Splash Of Our Worlds. The content of this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s authors and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Creative Commons License
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...