Monday, December 27, 2010

Series We Loved: Tru Calling

In the show stars Tru Davies, a woman who intended to go to medical school after graduating from college, but ends up taking a job at the city morgue. It is while working at the morgue that dead bodies start asking for help and Tru re-lives the day, trying to keep a death from happening.

REVIEW:
I loved the show. I used to believe that is a horror show or something terryfing, but I started watching it and I stuck. Every episode is something different and has an individual plot. And every time I was anxious to learn what will happen at the end. All of the characters were great. I've seen Eliza Dushku in other roles, but she was better in the show. It was the first time I saw Zach Galifianakis and his role wasn't comedian at all. When I was reading reviews about the show, everyone was talking about Jason Priestley and about his character. Well, he was great. I've seen him in Beverly Hills, 90210 and his role was fine as a young actor, but in this show he was really good. After that I started searching for other movies and shows he stared in. My favourite character in the show was the one played by Shawn Reaves. He was the only one who was thinking of Tru's gift as a cool thing to do and an easy way to earn money, but that doesn't mean that he didn't help Tru to whatever she was asking, especially at the end of the first season. He was the only note of comedy in the show.

The show is supernatural drama and science fiction. It lasted for two seasons and then it was cancelled. The first one has 20 episodes and the second only 6. The last episode leaves you with lots of questions about the characters and some secrets that are revealing at the end are making it even harder to digest that this was the end and that there is no more.

Anyway, if you have time and you like those kind of shows, I totally recommend it to you.

4 comments:

  1. I was so sad when they cancelled it... It was a great show, and it deserved a real end :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh...i know this one! I was thinking to watch it but all those dead bodies that come alive is a bit creepy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love such shows. It sounds a bit like The Ghost Whisperer. Thanks for the review! I will look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw, I really enjoyed this one. I was disappointed when they canceled it, especially given where the plot was going.

    ReplyDelete

There is lot of spam lately at the posts, so for a while i will put up the comment moderation. Sorry for that, i really don't like it but i thought it might stop the spamming. It will be down soon enough! Thanks a lot :)

© Splash Of Our Worlds. The content of this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s authors and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Creative Commons License
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...