Monday, May 2, 2011

Author Interview: Amber Argyle

 As part of the BLB E-book tours i got he chance to interview Amber Argyle of the anticipated Witch Song novel (which i'm pretty excited about). So before then take a look at our interview to learn more about her but for Witch Song as well :)

Here it comes....
-Try to describe your book in one sentence.
Every other witch has failed to defeat the Dark Witch, and now it’s up to fifteen-year old Brusenna to free the others before nature unravels completely.

-Your genre in Witch Song is YA Fantasy right?. You did that on purpose, or you just start writing?
It’s what I’ve always written. My first attempt at a novel in the 6th grade involved the Lost City of Atlantis and mermaids.

-What inspired you to write, you took any ideas from other books, movies etc?
I don’t consciously take ideas from other sources. Your brain sort of mushes concepts together and you pull them out randomly, with no sense where the idea really came from.

-Did you do any research before start or during of the writing of the books?
I usually research as needed. In WITCH SONG, there’s a sea battle using early 17th century technology. I grew up land locked in the Rocky Mountains, so I had to do a lot of research on boats, cannons, muskets etc. I also did research on herbs and plants, as they’re the weapons in the story (though I eventually decided to invent my own). That being said, I’ve read tons of books on the craft of writing and subscribe to some writing newsletters.

-Which scenes were the hardest to write?
It’s always hardest to find your footing in the beginning. After I get a rhythm, the words just start flying onto the page.

-How long has it taken you to write a book ?
The first draft of Witch Song took a month. Edits and rewrites took a year or two of off and on work. Edits with my editor took two months of hard core work. So if you add it all up, Witch Song took four years from beginning to end.

-What’s the best part of writing for you?
The writer’s high. J

-Are you reading or writing something else at the moment?
I’ve been reading IRON KING (which I LOVE) while editing DAUGHTER OF WINTER and writing the sequel to Witch Song.

-Did you have support at the beginning and/or during your writing?
Not a lot. My family mostly thinks I’m weird  (none of them read—ever). My kids are young and mostly want Mommy to get off the computer. My husband considers this my hobby and supports it like one. My MIL and paternal grandparents are the only ones really excited about this.

-Did you always had in mind to be a writer or it just happened?
Growing up, I wanted to be a marine biologist (I’m terrified and fascinated by sharks) or an author.

-How important you find the communication between you and your readers? Do you reply to their messages or read their reviews?
So far I have. But that might change if I get impossibly famous lol.

-Are you working on any other projects except writing, right now?
I have three young kids (9, 5, 2). So between writing, housework, and kid work, there isn’t really time for much else.

-Something special you want to share with us?
I can curl my tongue so it looks like a scallop.

Now some simple questions and more fun^^

-Your favourite books and author?
Some of my favorite authors are Robin McKinley, Shannon Hale, Clare B Dunkle, and Jennifer Roberson.

-Your favourite band/singer?
I go through phases, but right now I’m really digging Jar of Hearts by Christina Perry.

-Twitter or Facebook?
Twitter.

-Favourite place in the world?
Home (boring, I know).

-Last movie you watched at the cinemas?
Rango (it sucked so hard it inverted itself)

-The last book you’ve read?
Iron Daughter (LOVED IT)

-Have you ever googled yourself?
I actually have google alerts, so if anyone mentions my book, I get an email.

-Writing, reading or hanging out with friends?
All three.

-If you wouldn’t be a writer, what you would be?
A teacher (that’s my degree)

-And last one....printed or ebooks?
I don’t have an ereader yet. So printed.

Thanks a lot for your time! :D



The world is changing.

For thousands of years, witch song has controlled everything from the winds to the shifting of the seasons. But not anymore. All the Witches are gone, taken captive by the dark Witch, Espen.

As the last echoes of witch song fade, Espen grows stronger as winter and summer come within the space of a day. Now she’s coming for the one she missed—a shy, untrained girl of fifteen named Brusenna.

Somehow, Brusenna has to succeed where every other Witch has failed. Find Espen. Fight her. Defeat her. 

Author's Website || Goodreads

2 comments:

  1. Lovely Interview! Can't wait to read Witch Song, it has a lovely cover.
    My favourite place in the world is home as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Witch Song sounds amazing and the cover is so beautiful...

    thanx a lot for the interview!

    ReplyDelete

There is lot of spam lately at the posts, so for a while i will put up the comment moderation. Sorry for that, i really don't like it but i thought it might stop the spamming. It will be down soon enough! Thanks a lot :)

© Splash Of Our Worlds. The content of this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s authors and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Creative Commons License
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...