Friday, May 13, 2011

Author Interview: McCarthy Griffin

Another great interview! Thanks once again BLB E-book Tours for the opportunity, we now have the author of Monster Story, McCarthy Griffin. Enjoy!


-Try to describe your book in one sentence.
A good, old-fashioned monster story.

-Your genre in Monster Story is horror-mystery right?. You did that on purpose, or you just start writing?
Definitely on purpose. The story played out in my mind before I ever started writing.

-What inspired you to write, you took any ideas from other books, movies etc?
I have always loved scary movies and books from childhood. I’m a big fan of Chiller Theatre with Chilly Billy Cardille, a show out of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.

-Did you do any research before start or during of the writing of the books?
I researched a few things during the writing, such as police procedure or methods of hunting.

-Which scenes were the hardest to write?
Any scene remotely romantic was like pulling teeth. I’m not the least bit romantic and I feel uncomfortable trying to write it.

-How long has it taken you to write a book ?
I started this book more than ten years ago, put it away for several years, then finished it.

-What’s the best part of writing for you?
Losing myself in the story. Sometimes, I almost feel as if I’m in the story myself, kind of like being in a movie.

-Are you reading or writing something else at the moment?
I’m reading “Defiance,” a true story about the Bielski brothers. I’m writing “Sub,” a sci-fi story.

-Did you have support at the beginning and/or during your writing?
I have a very supportive husband.

-Did you always had in mind to be a writer or it just happened?
I’ve always wanted to write.

-How important you find the communication between you and your readers? Do you reply to their messages or read their reviews?
I read reviews. I would reply to messages, if I ever got any.
 
-Are you working on any other projects except writing, right now?
No.

Now some simple questions and more fun^^

-Your favourite books and author?
I don’t have one.

-Your favourite band/singer?
I don’t have one of those, either. I like such a wide variety of books and bands, I’ve never settled on one favorite.

-Twitter or Facebook?
I’m on both.

-Favourite place in the world?
The back hollows of West Virginia.

-Last movie you watched at the cinemas?
The Last Airbender.

-The last book you’ve read?
Defiance.

-Have you ever googled yourself?
Hasn’t everyone. Kind of hard to resist.

-If you wouldn’t be a writer, what you would be?
A biologist.

-And last one....printed or ebooks?
Both, but printed are easier to read in bed at three in the morning, especially since I don’t own a laptop and my ereader is usually with one of my kids.




 Christy McCauley has returned to West Virginia at last, but her homecoming quickly turns into a surreal nightmare. In the deep hollows and woods of rural Augusta County, something unspeakable is slaughtering people in the dark of night. Authorities don't know if its human or animal, or how to stop it. Christy and her friends only know they must hunt it and destroy it, before it kills again. 

1 comment:

  1. that was a great interview!

    "Losing myself in the story. Sometimes, I almost feel as if I’m in the story myself, kind of like being in a movie." this is the part i love about books, when you can realte with the characters and just...get lost in the story...

    ReplyDelete

There is lot of spam lately at the posts, so for a while i will put up the comment moderation. Sorry for that, i really don't like it but i thought it might stop the spamming. It will be down soon enough! Thanks a lot :)

© Splash Of Our Worlds. The content of this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s authors and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Creative Commons License
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...