Thursday, May 19, 2011

Dark Messiah Of Might And Magic Review

Dark Messiah of Might & Magic puts players in a first-person perspective, allowing them to immerse themselves in the legendary Might and Magic universe as never before. It is also the world's first fantasy action game to feature a complete first-person combat system. Developed by Arkane Studios and Floodgate Entertainment. Kuju Entertainment developed the multiplayer mode. The player controls Sareth, the apprentice of the wizard Phenrig, after he is sent to the city of Stonehelm to accompany an expedition trying to retrieve a powerful artifact known as "The Skull of Shadows."


Review:

The point in a stealthy kill is not to be deadly or too silent or even agile, the point is to be stylish about it. All great assassins kill with style, you must dance in the rhythm of death, you must follow the reaper’s tango, you must feel the beat of your victim’s heart and if you are skilled enough you can dance with two or even three partners at the same time. If you find the feeling and the style then stealth, speed and effectiveness will come on their own.
See Sareth for example. He could kill a whole army without being spotted, or he could just fry their minds with magical tricks or he could hack and slash their bodies like paper and finally he could explode their heads with some well placed arrows.

Dark Messiah is a game that leaves the player a lasting memory. It’s story, characters and gameplay will be forever in my memory no matter how many eons have passed since I last played it. It has really engaging storyline, voice acting, animations and character progression and the fighting moves are cool no matter how you choose to fight. And it has not one but two hot babes to choose from ;)

Story: The story is about Sareth, a seemingly normal guy who’s teacher is a wizard. This teacher gives him a quest to deliver an ancient artifact of magic to some other wizard hinting about some excitement on the journey there. Well, the excitement gets more and more intense as the game progresses and the plot is revealed.

Gameplay: That aspect of the game was totally awesome. The fights and weapons are very easy to control and the kick button makes fighting soooooo much more realistic that it feels the player is actually there kicking that stupid Orc down from the bridge and into the depths of hell. The other thing that amazed me is the interaction with the environment. I could kill a guy with so many ways that I organized a lottery to decide the way I would kill the next opponent :D I could throw then down from heights, I could kick them on spikes, I could push them on fires, I could slash them with my B.F. Sword, I could stick my knives in their necks, I could fry them with fireballs, I could throw them oil, ignite my arrow, and set them on fire and much much more.

Graphics: The graphics are still great. It can easily compare with the other big hit action RPGs on stores. The cutscenes are totally like an animation cinema movie and the environment is creepy enough to get the chills. I already talked about the fighting and movement animations but I have to say that the speech animations were the game’s weak point, sometimes it wasn’t synchronized with the sound and/or the subtitles.



Buy Dark Messiah OF Might And Magic @Amazo.co.uk

1 comment:

  1. Well I was a vanguard archer (YES there is something like that) I would break the door, shoot everyone and if I felt like it take out my sword and run it through people. I love that adrenaline kill, especially the brutal kick after that

    ReplyDelete

There is lot of spam lately at the posts, so for a while i will put up the comment moderation. Sorry for that, i really don't like it but i thought it might stop the spamming. It will be down soon enough! Thanks a lot :)

© Splash Of Our Worlds. The content of this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s authors and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Creative Commons License
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...