Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Book Review: Always and Forever

Mia's first reaction is outright disbelief. Obviously, a mistake has been made. Sixteen-year-old girls don't die. But, when the diagnosis is confirmed, she dives headlong into anger. If she has to die, why should it be of cancer? In fact, anything would be preferable to cancer. Better for her to say when, where, and especially how.

Determined to meet death on her own terms, Mia devises scheme after scheme to get the job done. A “fall” down the basement stairs, driving her car off a bridge, and even a dance with a train all end in her survival.

And through it all, Mia keeps her family and friends at arms' length with her destructive and hurtful behavior. With each failed suicide attempt and burned relationship, she slowly realizes that it’s not the dying that she’s afraid of, but the life she’ll be leaving behind. Now, that life is in a shambles. As time begins to slip through her fingers and death is upon her, Mia fights to rebuild the bridges she has destroyed, but can she do it before the clock runs out?


Always and Forever
Publication Date: 2012
Pages: 263 (ebook)
Part of Series: -
Purchased: Review for tour
Rating: 5/5 stars
Buy: Book Depository || Amazon (US) || Amazon (UK)


REVIEW:
This book is mocking you from the start ''I'm going to make you cry. Embrace yourself, I'm going to make you cry''. The synopsis screamed that to me, but as a curious creature, I accepted to read anyhow.

The writing is amazing. It tells you the story of a 16-year-old who has a disease that cannot be cured. So we follow her through the five stages of grief, from how she first denies it, to how finally she accepts it. And through that time, the only thought wondering around her head is how she wants to be in control of her life and not her disease.

I know I spoiled the end, but it's a well known fact from the first page. I found the story extremely true. It's something that happens around us, not in our family specifically, but generally, and it's sad and really makes your good mood go bad in an instant. I really don't know what else to say, except that I did cried at the end. I'm not very proud of it, but a book that makes you have such strong feelings is worth it.

Bottom line, I liked it. I cannot say that I can read books like this all the time, but for this once it was great. I have to say that at the end, I felt relieved and I realized that life goes on and that we have to live it to the fullest.

3 comments:

  1. It sounds interesting and I love the cover! Will be adding it to my TBR shelf.
    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!! I appreciate the comment!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Need To Boost Your ClickBank Traffic And Commissions?

    Bannerizer made it easy for you to promote ClickBank products by banners, simply go to Bannerizer, and get the banner codes for your favorite ClickBank products or use the Universal ClickBank Banner Rotator Tool to promote all of the ClickBank products.

    ReplyDelete

There is lot of spam lately at the posts, so for a while i will put up the comment moderation. Sorry for that, i really don't like it but i thought it might stop the spamming. It will be down soon enough! Thanks a lot :)

© Splash Of Our Worlds. The content of this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s authors and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Creative Commons License
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...