Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Movie Review: Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters

In this spin on the fairy tale, Hansel & Gretel are now bounty hunters who track and kill witches all over the world. As the fabled Blood Moon approaches, the siblings encounter a new form of evil that might hold a secret to their past.

REVIEW:
I wanted to see this one, ever since I saw the trailer. Due to other stuff, I couldn't, since now.

Let me start by telling, that I love when Hollywood picks "innocent" classic stories and makes them darker, pumped with special effects and gorgeous characters. Unfortunately, in the same time, it shows us, how little fantasy it has. How the writers over there are out of ideas, since they have reduced the themes to the minimum, and the only things that are left to film are classic stories and books.

The same thing happens with Hansel & Gretel. The all time favorite fairytale for youngsters, who only imagine the house of candy and, well, the candy, has been turned into a film with dark, ugly and hideous witches and kick-ass characters.

The story takes some twists when it comes to the siblings' past and the entire movie had a meaning and a storyline that fitted together great. The characters are kick-ass, especially Gretel, while Hansel turned out to have some flashes of cleverness of his own.

But, there are some negative points too. Firstly, the story is short, just an hour and half. It was super fast, the events were happening quickly and you didn't have much time to digest all of them. Then, the holes. In order to keep the movie running the script presented holes, like, how they managed to meet in a forest as vast as they say, etc. Lastly, the answers. The questions asked were nice, but their answers were easy.

The movie has many bloody scenes. At least, they made some really nice killings. And the steampunk note, with their guns, made the movie more appealing.

Bottom line, I liked it. I had a nice time before going to sleep. The killings gave me some nightmares, but I guess that's ok. I don't know if I should suggest it or not. I'll just say, that if you don't have anything else to watch, you might as well see this one.

P.S.: They are about to release a new Hansel & Gretel movie, which will have drugs and witches. When I say, that Hollywood is out of ideas, I mean it.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for your personal marvelous posting!
    I really enjoyed reading it, you can be a great
    author.I will make sure to bookmark your blog and will often
    come back at some point. I want to encourage one to continue your great job, have a nice holiday weekend!


    my webpage; xbox 360 visual studio ps3 vs wii 2008

    ReplyDelete

There is lot of spam lately at the posts, so for a while i will put up the comment moderation. Sorry for that, i really don't like it but i thought it might stop the spamming. It will be down soon enough! Thanks a lot :)

© Splash Of Our Worlds. The content of this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0 Unported License. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s authors and/or owner is strictly prohibited.
Creative Commons License
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...